The “if you build it, they will come…” principle does not apply to many. However, if you are one of those blessed individuals who happens to have a successful blog (200,000 unique visitors per mo.), Facebook following (1,000+ followers), Twitter (10,000+ followers) or YouTube Channel (1M views+), there’s some serious money out there awaiting you. No joke.
Brands and investors are getting smarter. Rather than trying to re-invent the wheel, they’re investing in the ones that are already turning out audience. Social media brand sponsorship is a $2 Billion industry and only getting stronger. Check out these articles on the topic if you want to learn more.
- A Blogger Who Gets It (and by “it” I mean money)
- Finding a Sponsor (They’re out there)
- A Blogger Who Got Her Own TV Show Because of Her Blog (It’s possible)
- A NYTimes Article (In case you still don’t believe me)
- How a Hollywood PR Company Hired Bloggers to Hang Out Backstage with Celebs (Yep. It Even Happened to Me)